When you order this course, the name you enter as the customer name will be the name that will be displayed on your Certificate of Completion once you have finished the course.
Once the course is ordered, you will receive an email within 24 hours with instructions on how to set up your learning account.
PetClub 247’s Certification Program is non-refundable once it is purchased whether you complete the program or not. We appreciate your understanding in this matter and ask that you contact our compliance department (by calling customer service) if you have any questions regarding this policy.
Pet Nutrition Certification
Whether you work in a veterinary practice, a pet shop, provide a service for pets, or you have a pet you love with all your heart, the pet nutrition certification can help you ensure you provide pets in your care the best nutrition that meets their unique needs and requirements.
The 10-hour course is broken down into easy to study and manageable modules, which you can study online at your own pace and in your own time.
On completion you will be required to complete a multiple choice test, which you must pass in order to receive your industry recognized certification. In the event you don't pass the first time, you will be given a second chance to go over the modules and then complete the test again. Once the test is successfully completed you can download and print your certificate without delay.
What You Will Learn
The course is overflowing with valuable information that will provide you with everything you need to know when it comes to pet nutrition. The course modules cover the following:
• Learn about different food types, pet diets and how to read pet food labels to ensure that the pet is given the best nutrition at all times
• Understand the importance of nutrition for pets
• Learn about the digestive system
• Learn the difference between herbivores, omnivores and carnivores and what pets eat what
• Identify how the right nutrition can help with disease prevention
• Learn about the different feeding stages in animals and how diet varies from when they are babies to when they are adults and what they need to eat as seniors or when pregnant or lactating
• Know what is considered a healthy weight for a pet and learn about various weight issues the pet may experience throughout their life
• Know the reasons why a pet may not be eating and why the pet may be overeating
• Learn everything you need to know about pet food from and to how to change your pet's diet
• Know about snacks and treats for pets and what is acceptable and what is not
• Learn what herbs you can use with pets
• Know what foods should be avoided at all costs
• Identify how natural alternatives can be important for pets and what natural alternatives can be used
• Learn about the specific sources of nutrition from proteins to carbohydrates and more
• Learn more about rabbit and guinea pig nutrition and about food that is best for hamsters, mice and rats
• Learn more about basic fish food ingredients along with the dietary differences in birds
• Learn what reptiles eat and how to feed them
• Discover why it is so important to keep a food diary
Benefits of the Pet Nutrition Certification
• Certification recognized globally in the pet industry
• Way to fast track your career
• Opportunity to do a job that you love with no entry requirements
• Affordable pricing
• Flexible- study at home using your PC, tablet or mobile phone as long as you have access to the internet
• Online support throughout your study experience
• Upon successful completion, download and print your certificate immediately
• Improve your knowledge of pets
• Ensure pets in your care receive the best nutrition at all times
Module 1: Introduction to Food and Diet Types
• Animal Nutrition Organizations
• Food Types
• Types of Diet
Module 2: Why Nutrition is Vital for Pets
• Muscle Tone and Body Condition
• Skin and Hair Coat Health
• Digestion and Elimination
• Immunity and Prevention of Disease
Module 3: Digestion
• Monogastric Digestive System and Anatomy
Module 4: Feeding Stages of Life
• Babies- Puppies, Kittens, and Foals
• Adults- Dogs, Cats, and Horses
• Senior- Dogs, Cats, and Horses
• Pregnancy- Dogs, Cats, and Horses
• Set Meal Times vs. Random Feeding
Module 5: Pet Weight
• Healthy Pet Weight
• Weight Problems
• Pets Not Eating
• Pets Overeating
Module 6: Pet Food
• Where To Buy Pet Food
• Quality of Pet Food
• Pet Food Labels
• Changing Pet Food
Module 7: Snacks and Treats
• What Treats to Feed Your Pet
• When to Provide Treats
• How to Provide Treats
• Where to Buy Treats
Module 8: Foods to Avoid
• Human Food
• Foods Toxic to Dogs
• Foods Toxic to Cats
• Foods Toxic to Other Pets
Module 9: Herbs and Green Foods
• Medicinal Health
• Fleas and Skin Problems
• Cautions for Pets and Herbs
• List of Herbs for Pets
Module 10: Natural Alternatives for Pets
• Essential Oils for Pets
• Mushrooms for Pets
Module 11: Essential Nutrients
• Carbohydrates & Fiber
• Minerals & Vitamins
• Species Specific Nutrient Sources
Module 12: Rabbits, Guinea Pigs, Mice, Hamsters, and Rats
• Guinea Pigs
• Protecting Your Small Pets
• Keeping Your Small Pet Cage Clean
• Water For Your Small Pets
Module 13: Fish, Birds, and Reptiles
Module 14: Keeping a Food Diary
• The Goal of Food Diaries
• Recording Health Issues
• Tracking Weight Loss and Gain
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can take the course?
Anyone who has an interest in gaining a greater understanding of proper nutrition for pets is encouraged to take the course. There are no entry requirements to take this course.
What is the structure of the course?
The course is broken down in to individual modules. Each module takes between 15-50 minutes to study. Although you are free to spend as much or as little time as you feel necessary on each module, simply log in and out of the course at your convenience.
Where/when can I study the course?
You can study the course any time you like. Simply log in and out of the web-based course as often as you require. The course is compatible with all computers, tablet devices and smart phones, so you can even study while on the move!
Is there a test at the end of the course?
Once you have completed all of the modules there is a 35 (multiple choice) question test. The questions will be on a range of topics found within the modules. The test, like the course, is online and can be taken at the time and location of your choosing.
What happens if I fail the test?
If you don’t pass the test first time you will get a second opportunity to take the test again after further study.
When will I receive my certificate?
Once you have completed your test you can log in to your account and download / print your certificate any time you need it.
How can I pay?
You can either use your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express to pay for the online course.
Is my payment secure?
Your payment is totally secure. We use the latest ssl encryption for all transactions.
How long after payment can I begin the course?
You can begin the course immediately after your payment has been received. You should receive an email with your log in details as soon as your payment has been accepted. If you don’t get this email please check your junk folder; if it is not there please contact us for further assistance.
How long is my certificate valid for?
There is no expiration date or renewal fee.
Click here to view the CPD Website Listing